Your retreat is fully refundable within 24 hours of booking. Up to one month prior to arrival, The Open Collective retains 50% of total payment and refunds the remaining 50%. Within 14 – 30 days of your arrival date, 25% of total payment is refundable. No refunds within 14 days of arrival. Bookings are transferable to another person with your written permission.
The Open Collective aims to explore the potential of human achievement through mindful, expansive programming in a single, connected natural environment. In doing so, our goal is to earn, nurture and maintain your trust and confidence.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
You are at the heart of everything we do. Our goal is to maintain your trust and confidence by handling your personal information with outmost respect. It’s important that you know what personal information The Open Collective Inc. (known here as "we" or “TOC”) collect about you, and how we use it. We’ve done our best to make our explanations short and easy to understand. But, if you’d like further information, or have any questions, please contact us using the details in the ‘Contact’ section below.
If we ever make any major changes to our privacy practices, we’ll let you know. If necessary, we’ll also ask for your permission.
What information we have and where we collect it from.
- We collect and store different types of information about you when you purchase a spot at one of our retreats, contact us, and use our website and social media pages.
Who we share information with and why.
- We don't share your information with anyone.
Your choices and rights.
- Among other rights, you can choose whether to receive marketing from us. You also have the right to access the information we have about you.
How we look after your information.
- We’re always taking steps to make sure your information is protected and to delete it securely when we no longer need it.
How we use your information & why.
- We collect and use your information for lots of reasons such as helping you get tailor a retreat experience or class, sharing news, for marketing and as otherwise required by law.
Questions and feedback.
- If you have any questions or feedback about this notice, or how we handle your information, get in touch with us.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
This section explains how we use your information and the legal basis on which we use it.
For the performance of our commitment with you
We use your information when you enter formal relationships with us (for example join us at a retreat or seminar) so we can:
- Process your order, take payment, and provide you with any customer support.
For our legitimate business interests
- To conduct market research and analysis which helps improve and customise our products and services
- For our marketing purposes, unless your consent is required for such marketing (see section below).
- To send you customer service emails including booking confirmations and reminders.
- To prevent or detect unlawful behaviour, to protect or enforce our legal rights or as otherwise permitted by law. For example, making sure your spot is secured at a retreat. As such, we may use your information to prevent touting, misuse of our intellectual property, fraud, or other crimes.
- To create a profile about you to help us personalise our services to you. For example, if you purchase tickets to an add-on event and you have consented to our marketing, we will inform you about other events we think you might be interested in.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Where you have given us your consent, you can withdraw it by doing the following:
To stop receiving our marketing you can change your preferences and unsubscribe from any emails we send your way
To opt out of location tracking and push notifications, you can change the settings on your device or keep your location off. To stop web push notifications, you will need to use your browser settings.
You also have rights over how your personal information is used including:
The right to object to our processing of your data.
The right to request that your information be erased or restricted from further use.
The right to request a copy of the information we hold about you.
The right to correct, amend or update information you have given us .
LOOKING AFTER YOUR INFORMATION
We have security measures in place to protect your information. The security measures we use will depend on the type of information collected.
We only keep your information for as long as required to provide you with the services you request, for the purposes outlined in this policy and for any legal purposes for which we are obliged to keep the information. We will securely delete your information when it is no longer required for these purposes, in line with our company policies.